The Flightline

• Become a part of the Flightline publications! See Mrs. Drummond about getting involved in Journalism.

• Do you want to tell real stories? Talk to your counselor about enrolling in a Journalism course today.

• Attend Pollen Nation meetings Tuesdays at 7:15 in Mrs. Fuelberth's room

• If you are interested in study abroad: see the educational opportunities bulletin board in the guidance office

• Check the bulletin board in the guidance office for several new employment opportunities

When Hawktober Strikes

When Hawktober Strikes

Maria Koliopoulos, Graphics Editor

October 10, 2016

Filed under BirdFeed, Culture

Mis-Kid-Ceptions

Mis-Kid-Ceptions

Molly Gubbels, Entertainment Editor

September 19, 2016

Filed under BirdFeed, Culture, Cute

Children, I've found, are hilariously easy to trick. They all seem to be at that prime age where they'll believe just about anything you say simply because you're older. I am certainly not innocent of this. Growing up, I had to have been among the stupidest and most gullible children out there. I ha...

Skutt Students Recreate Ludicrous Stock Photos

Skutt Students Recreate Ludicrous Stock Photos

Maria Miller, Birdfeed Editor

September 12, 2016

Shutterstock makes millions of dollars every year creating standard photos to make any business pamphlet go from, well- boring to mundane. While most of their photos are for orthodox professionalism, they also produce a string of utterly useless photos that, as far as I can figure, are purely for en...

7 Thoughts Students Have While Taking the ACT

7 Thoughts Students Have While Taking the ACT

Nessa Woosley, Staff Morale Editor

September 12, 2016

The ACT, every student has to take it and every student dreads it. These are some thoughts every student has while taking this truly awful exam. Why are all my thoughts in John Baylor’s voice? “Alright scholar, now it's time to hammer the grammar, push the eyes, and PDWYK (Put Down What...

Face Swaps That Will Make You Question Everything (Ft. Jenn Hoody)

Face Swaps That Will Make You Question Everything (Ft. Jenn Hoody)

Hannah Klemme, Entertainment Editor

May 9, 2016

Have you ever had the thought that you could face swap with absolutely nothing? Me neither...until it actually happened. Jenn Hoody and I have recently become experts in the art of face swapping with thin air. Some of the results are terrifying, some are absolutely hysterical, and some will make you...

4 Reasons Why I Cry When I Look at My TV Guide

4 Reasons Why I Cry When I Look at My TV Guide

Molly Gubbels, Social Media Editor

April 11, 2016

Filed under BirdFeed, Culture, Entertainment, Everything in Between

It has become increasingly clear over the years how important television is to our daily lives. We've developed programs such as Netflix specifically for our own viewing pleasure. However, I for one, am not pleased with the fact that some of my favorite shows cannot be found on said programs due to their...

Started from the Bottom Now We’re Here: Staff Member’s Adolescent Writings

Started from the Bottom Now We’re Here: Staff Member’s Adolescent Writings

Nessa Woosley, Website Details Coordinator

March 14, 2016

Filed under BirdFeed, Culture, Cute

F. Scott Fitzgerald didn't write 'The Great Gastby' when he was five, and every great writer had to start somewhere. The reporters of this newspaper didn't always have such a way with words; let's take a look at the very beginning works of some Flightline staff writers. ...

Face the Music

Face the Music

Nessa Woosley, Website Details Coordinator

February 22, 2016

Filed under BirdFeed, Clubs & Activities, Culture, Student Life

Let's face it, Show Choir facials are extreme! To an outsider, Show Choir facials may seem over the top but it is a vital aspect of the performance. Facials convey the message of the show. Skutt Catholic's very own Show Choir exemplifies this very well. At their West Liberty competition a few weeks ...

The Story Behind 6 of the Most Ridiculous Stock Photos

The Story Behind 6 of the Most Ridiculous Stock Photos

Maria Miller, Staff Writer

February 1, 2016

The Shutterstock staff sits around in deafening silence on their stiff, orange, middle-school-lunchroom inspired chairs, anxiously waiting for their big wig boss who called the meeting, but still manages to be late. He is going to debut his new photo sets, that, in his words, will ‘simply and eloqu...

13 Disney Games That Were The Best Part of Our Childhood

13 Disney Games That Were The Best Part of Our Childhood

Maria Miller, Staff Reporter

January 18, 2016

Filed under BirdFeed, Culture, Everything in Between

Walt Disney and his successors have had an incomparable influence on our lives. We have tormented countless innocent cats to the opening song of The Lion King in desperate attempts to mirror Rafiki, we sing “The Colors of The Wind” with all the voices of the mountains, and Miley Cyrus will always have t...

5 Holiday Items at Trader Joe’s Necessary to Feel All the Christmas Feels

5 Holiday Items at Trader Joe’s Necessary to Feel All the Christmas Feels

Gabby Giesler, Editor-in-Chief

December 7, 2015

Trader Joe's is hands down one of the coolest grocery stores out there. Sure, it's a grocery store, so, you think, it can't be all that fun. Wrong! The moment you enter the store it's like a magical wonderland of groceries and extremely helpful and charismatic employees. They somehow know how to stack ...

10 Reasons Why We still go to Vala’s Pumpkin Patch

10 Reasons Why We still go to Vala’s Pumpkin Patch

Nessa Woosley, Staff Reporter

October 26, 2015

Filed under BirdFeed, Culture, Everything in Between

Fall is the season for pumpkins and flannels so naturally the top of the to do list is visit Vala's Pumpkin Patch. Is there something in the air that keeps Skutt Catholic students returning to their favorite seasonal attraction? Friends and family gather every year to relive memories and create new ones...

Student News of Skutt Catholic High School
Culture