• Big Hawks! Tomorrow we will being meeting up with your Little Hawks at 9:15 for a QR activity. Please bring your iPads to the gym.

• SkyHawks in the City registration is now open!

• Sign ups for stage crew and other jobs will be at the ITS meeting after school on Monday in Mr. Wright's room, A155.

• Get your free 25th Anniversary T-Shirts During Lunch!

• Angels prayer groups meet again on Thursday morning at 6:45 am in the Campus Ministry office for prayer, friendship, and doughnuts.

• All students interested in Vivace Band or Crew, please stop and see Mr. Storm in the music room by Tuesday, August 22nd.

• Set construction has begun for the fall play! Come to the stage after school at 3:30 and get involved.

• Any young man interested in joining the Guardians is invited to attend an information meeting on Thursday Aug. 17 @ 7am in Mr. Zavaletta's room.

• SkyHawks for Life will be hosting their first Life Nite on Tuesday Aug. 22 @ 7pm in the Student Center.

• Anyone interested in playing some chess, come to D104 Thursday, August 17th

Campus Ministry Continues to Grow

Department thrives after just a year of French's leadership

Tom Hermanek, Features Editor

Every single day before school, after school, and throughout the day, a manifold group of students relax, do homework, or have a conversation in the campus ministry office.

However, the campus ministry department offers many clubs and programs for students to get involved in, and they can be hard to miss since they are often advertised throughout the school or on the daily announcements

In fact, upperclassmen may notice that the campus ministry department has really taken off in the last year, offering programs from morning prayer groups like ‘Guardians’ and ‘Angels,’ Lector and EMHC programs, as well as lunchtime theology Thursday discussions.

All of this advancement began with the hiring of a new campus ministry director, Ms. Christine French. French says that before she came to Skutt Catholic, “There was a lot that couldn’t get done since there wasn’t a full time staff member to do it.”

But French has really taken to the job, recruiting students for volunteer programs, ministry events, and even leadership position within the department.

“As a freshman, I was in my parish’s youth group, but never got involved in campus ministry,” says junior Nick Martin. Martin says that the opportunity to get involved never reall presented itself.

“But last year, French encouraged me to get involved, and I’ve been busy with campus ministry stuff ever since,” says Martin.

French, motivated by the desire to see students grow in their faith, has a unique perspective as a staff member since she was once a Skutt Catholic student herself.

“I understand what it is like to struggle in my faith,” says French, “And [I often] respond to students saying that I had that EXACT question when I was at Skutt Catholic.”

Despite the massive strides that her department has taken in the past year, French says that her work at Skutt Catholic is far from over.

“In just one year, the things I have been able to witness have been so powerful,” says French. “I want to see students that are boldly choosing to live the way God asks them to live.”

As for any specific things she would like to see accomplished, French says, “I would LOVE to hear everyone worship in Mass by singing along.”

Tom Hermanek - Managing Editor

Tom became a member of The Flightline in January of 2015. He is a senior who is involved in mock trial and swimming. Off campus, Tom spends his time with friends or working at Starbucks. If you're so inclined, send him an email at [email protected]