Muscle Maker Grill

Guilt-free Eating with Skutt Catholic Faces

Hannah Klemme, Entertainment Editor

It’s not often we can satisfy both the need to eat healthily and the urge to eat out. As easy as it is to drop a few bucks on a Big Mac at McDonald’s, the cost of a healthy lifestyle is the ultimate price paid. But Muscle Maker Grill is a casual restaurant that offers a wide range of healthy and delicious food. Not only does everything taste super fresh and filling, but the environment of the place is unlike anywhere else.

The reason I came about the Muscle Maker Grill was due to the copious amount of Skutt students that are employed there. I had heard numerous comments talking up the place, so I decided to try it out for myself. The first thing I noticed right when I walked in was the casual environment. The interior design is super sleek yet classy all at once. It manages to have a sports-like theme without making it trashy or overdone. I definitely didn’t feel uncomfortable or out of place in my T-shirt and sweats.

The food was the most outstanding quality of the restaurant by far. I ordered the sesame chicken with teriyaki noodles and it was addictively delicious. The thing that most surprised me was a number of items on the menu. They seem to encompass almost every type of food you can think of, from wraps to pasta to smoothies and more. And the greatest part about devouring these amazing dishes is that there is no guilt. “Muscle Maker Grill is a restaurant that really focuses on making healthy food that is good for you too especially for really active people,” says senior Shane Miller, an employee at MMG.

Not only was the food incredible, the service was outstanding as well. The employees were super friendly and really seem to care about what they do. “We try to make MMG a really friendly place. We greet people when they come in, learn their names, and just talk to them. I think that’s what keeps so many people coming back consistently,” says Miller.

Muscle Maker Grill is real proof that there is no need to sacrifice a delectable meal in order to eat a healthy one. It’s alright to splurge on some good old Taco Bell every once and a while, but keeping in mind more nutritious options is also very important. Whether you previously hit the gym or you’re out running errands, Muscle Maker Grill is an accessible option that caters to your cravings.