Pothole Predicament Faces Students

Road impairments trouble the Omaha Community.

Pothole Predicament Faces Students

Adella Smolsky, Birdfeed Editor

As water and snow melt, they seep into the cracks in the pavement. From there, as the temperatures drop the water freezes and expands water does when it freezes. Thus this creates cracks underneath the cement, within the cement, and above the cement, therefore it will make a pothole.

Potholes in Omaha, Nebraska are a big problem that many car owners are facing. The damages that come from potholes can be very costly for owners to repair. The city of Omaha does not pay for any pothole damage to citizens. “The City of Omaha must first know of the problem, and then be given a reasonable time to fix it.”

Senior Morgan Dvorak has popped her tire in a pothole. “It was terrifying and the expenses were outrageous. I will definitely keep an eye out more next time,” said Dvorak. Dvorak is not alone in the struggle against the potholes; many other students are facing this issue as well. Students are advised to take it slow and watch for potholes when they are driving, especially at night.

Adella Smolsky

Adella joined the Flightline in January of 2018. She is a senior this year, involved in show choir, theatre and student council. Outside of school she is involved in Omaha Fashion Week. You can contact her at [email protected]