The Stokin Goat: Refreshing Quality

Omaha restaurant nearing its 1 year anniversary holds its own amongst competitors.

The Stokin Goat: Refreshing Quality

Adella Smolsky, Birdfeed Editor

The Stokin Goat opened in May of 2018 and has grown in popularity ever since. The business’s website states, “Chef Andrew Loughrey’s scratch kitchen creates a hit list of affordable, delicious dishes with explosive flavors and satisfying textures,” and this description fits the restaurant perfectly.

The Stokin Goat was originally intended to be named, “The Smoking Goat,” but was eventually changed to its current name prior to the opening of the restaurant. The restaurant has a wide array of food selections, along with a reasonable price range.

For an appetizer, I ordered the French fries. The fries at this dining place were thick cut and made fresh. They came along with a mayonnaise based dipping sauce, similar to that of ranch dressing, however it had a sweeter twist.

Asparagus, fries, and Mac and Chese make for a complete meal.

The steamed asparagus is what I ordered for my side. The asparagus was presented on a small platter, arrayed with Parmesan cheese on top. The asparagus was cooked in a way that made it somewhat tough. The flavor was very unique because of the Parmesan added, however it was my least favorite item that I ordered due to its toughness.

For my main entree I had the smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese. It was a bowl of cavatappi pasta with a

Parsley ordaned smoked Gouda Mac provides unique twist on classic dish.

cream sauce, sprinkled with bread crumbs and parsley. The cheese sauce was the perfect amount of bite from the Gouda, mixed with a more mild, creamy texture. It was a refreshing meal, considering that many times Mac and Cheese is far too rich and heavy.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my meal at The Stokin Goat and would highly recommend it. The quality of food that you receive for the price that you pay is outstanding and can not be matched in many other restaurants in Omaha.

Adella Smolsky

Adella joined the Flightline in January of 2018. She is a senior this year, involved in show choir, theatre and student council. Outside of school she is involved in Omaha Fashion Week. You can contact her at [email protected]