Dedication Ceremony Held for New Entrance

New building is finished at last

Skutt Catholic held a dedication ceremony today for the new entryway. The lobby was named in honor of Ken and Beverley Pohlman.

Photo by Natalie Pearson

Photo by Natalie Pearson

Photo by Natalie Pearson

Natalie Pearson, Entertainment Editor

Feb. 4, 2019 — Students filed into the gym Monday afternoon to celebrate the refurbished entrance. The new addition, which was being worked on since summer of 2018, was finished this past weekend. All students and faculty were in attendance, as well as Monsignor Gilg, one of the founders of Skutt Catholic.

The ceremony began with Mr. Jeremy Moore, Skutt Catholic President, announcing the name of the new entrance lobby: the Ken and Beverley Pohlman Welcome Lobby, named after donators Ken and Beverley Pohlman. He explained the significance of the three crosses, curved exterior, trophy cases and Hall of Fame that decorated the new entrance.

Ken Pohlman also spoke about how the new entrance came about. The ceremony concluded with Msgr. Gilg blessing the new entrance.

The next addition for Skutt Catholic is the brand new choir room, new science classrooms, and new journalism room, all of which are currently being built. The old music room will be redesigned to better suit the changes occurring at Skutt Catholic, as well.

Natalie Pearson

Natalie became a member of the Flightline in August of 2017. She is a junior this year, involved in band. Outside of school, she enjoys watching movies and playing video games. You can email her at [email protected]