Students Embark on Pro-Life March

March for Life attendees head to Washington to defend life.

Clara Pohlman, Feature Editor

January 15– The fifty plus attendees of Skutt Catholic, in order to attend this year’s March for Life, embarked today on their journey to defend the Catholic Church’s stance on abortion. The group began with a Mass at 2:30 pm in the auxiliary gym accompanied by ten chaperones and attendees’ families.

Run by the Skutt Catholic SkyHawks For Life Group, students have gone to the national march in Washington for the past ten plus years. SkyHawks For Life has slowly become the largest club at Skutt Catholic, claiming a little under half of the student body involved in some form.

Two Arrow busses left from Skutt Catholic today at 4:00pm with loadful of hopeful young people eager to change legislation on the Supreme Court case, Roe V. Wade. A bounty of suitcases, snacks, and loud cheers accompanied the busses departure.

With a plan to stop every 2-3 hours for various needs, (restroom, snacks, etc.) the arrival time to Washington, DC is approximated to be 4:30 pm on Wednesday afternoon.

Clara Pohlman

Clara joined the Flightline in August of 2017. She is a senior this year, involved in speech, show choir, and theatre. Outside of school she loves working as a princess for children's birthday parties. You can email her at [email protected]