Monday’s Lunch gets a Makeover

Boyd and Charlie’s Logo

Boyd and Charlie’s Logo

Photo by Perry Viers

Boyd and Charlie’s Logo

Photo by Perry Viers

Photo by Perry Viers

Boyd and Charlie’s Logo

Monday’s Lunch gets a Makeover

The transition from Chick-fil-A, to locally owned Boyd and Charlie’s

January 7, 2019

Jan 7– Skutt Catholic High School’s weekly lunch program faced big changes already in the New Year. On the first day of the second semester, in the 2018 to 2019 school year, Boyd and Charlie’s- a locally owned barbecue restaurant- debuted their catering in the Skutt Catholic cafeteria.

In past years, Chick-Fil-A catered lunch for the students on any typical Monday. The company provided a chicken sandwich, chips and a cookie for five dollars. Now, students can expect a barbecue pulled pork sandwich, bag of chips and cookie for the same price.

Many students were excited about the change, they welcomed a change in pace with open arms. “I’ve been going to Boyd and Charlie’s since I was in grade school,” senior Jordan Ramsey said. “I was so glad to hear they were going to start catering our lunches. Their pulled pork sandwiches are delicious… and I also love how we are supporting a small business born and grown in Elkhorn while also getting great food,” Ramsey said.

Other students, however, miss the familiarity of Chick-Fil-A. “I just prefer the taste of Chick-Fil-A,” said senior Olivia Gress. “The meal was just something that I preferred and kind of looked forward to,” Gress said.

Allowing Boyd and Charlie’s to cater in for a Skutt Catholic is a great way to support a business that continues to grow. And overall, the new taste of BBQ is a nice palette refresher, after years of catering from a larger business. It’s always great to support great food, as well as local food.

Emma Brisbois

Emma joined The Flightline in August of 2017. She is a senior this year, involved in cheerleading and show choir. Outside of school, she enjoys going to concerts, playing the piano and hanging out with friends. You can email her at [email protected]