Whisk and Measure Delivers A-Latte

Local coffee and bakery celebrates two years of tasty operation

Whisk and Measure Delivers A-Latte

Clara Pohlman, Feature Editor

The sights and smells of any normal bakery can leave one delighted by the aroma of freshly baked goodies or the pleasant stench of roasted coffee beans. Whisk and Measure, a fairly new coffee shop in the West Omaha area, offers not only the expected tastes of a normal coffee bar, but also offers a menu inclusive of all food and drink categories.

With a special emphasis on their gluten free and paleo desserts, Whisk and Measure surely lives up to offering small portions of great flavor in a healthier way. Items such as paleo carrot cake, paleo German chocolate bites, gluten free scones, and vegan apple pie bars make up a wide portion of their menu.

As well as serving treats, however, the store also features a variety of drinks from coffee to tea. A basic choice of drinks are available, but nonetheless are delightful to the reviewing customers.

“I love going somewhere where I know there is simple coffee choices,” said junior Ellie Korensky. “It’s nice to not be overwhelmed by a crazy list of names I didn’t even know existed for types of coffee drinks.”

While Whisk and Measure does offer a slightly condensed choice in coffee options, their syrups are completely house-made and include vanilla flavoring all the way to wedding cake. Along with their in-house syrup there is always a latte of the month, October’s being the classic “pumpkin spice chai latte.”

Another unique quality of Whisk and Measure is their baking classes. The store is filled with decorated cakes and seasonal decorations that adorn both the seating area and surrounding sunny windows. Their dedication to displaying the employees’ creative creations is a fun factor when first arriving to the bakery.

They advertise monthly events that are open to the public including last month’s, mother and daughter tea and cupcake making event. Other classes offered can be done privately or in a large group setting. They even decorate cakes for customers’ special events such as weddings, baby showers, etc.

While the store is currently celebrating their second year in operation, Whisk and Measure has already begun to be put on the map in the local coffee and bakery scene. According to customers one thing is for sure, Whisk and Measure takes the cake.

Clara Pohlman

Clara joined the Flightline in August of 2017. She is a senior this year, involved in speech, show choir, and theatre. Outside of school she loves working as a princess for children's birthday parties. You can email her at [email protected]