Homecoming Week Offers Students Exciting Opportunities

Event-filled week creates community within Skutt Catholic

Adella Smolsky, Birdfeed Editor

From October 1st through the 6th Skutt Catholic celebrated homecoming week. To start the week off, Mass was held in the gym on Tuesday afternoon. Tuesday evening student council hosted their annual “Mr. SkyHawk” pageant. Seniors Thomas Baumert, Reilly Kirkpatrick, Jacob Legliter, and Eric Melrose participated. Leg liter was crowned “Mr. SkyHawk,” and Eric Melrose received the “Mr. Congeniality” award. Community Involvement Day fell into homecoming week this year, giving the students a way to give back on Wednesday. Students from Skutt catholic visited over 60 different sites on that day. The Pep Rally occurred on Friday, immediately followed by the Powder Puff football game. At the Pep Rally the cheer and dance teams performed routines, and the homecoming court was brought out, along with some activities for the court to participate in. The class of 2019 senior girls won the Powder Puff football game for the second year in a row. Friday evening Student Council members decorated the entryway, commons, stage, and hallways for homecoming.

After community involvement day, students meet back in gym to reflect.

Mr. Skyhawk, Jacob Legliter, Mr. Congeniality, Eric Melrose, and their fellow contestants, Thomas Baumert and Reilly Kirkpatrick pose for photo after the pageant.

Sophomores on homecoming court, Gage Bertucci and Catelyn Nelson walk in and do handshake at pep rally.

Seniors Cole Mingo and Jimena Dorador model in the cheer team’s pep rally fashion competition.

Cheer team performs their pep rally dance, choreographed by team member, Emma Brisbois.

Cheer team performs stunts.

Lauren Mertz, Ally Stdola, Erica Fenn, Sydney McDermott, and Ryan McCormick participate in the powder puff football game.

Seniors, Josephine Brennan, Sammie Anderson, Lily Jensen, Anna Dimig, and Jack Hassenstab pose for photo with Senior Powder Puff Flag.

Student Council Members decorated the school with the “Wizard of Oz” theme.

Commons decorated with the famous movie quote.

Homecoming court poses for photo.

Students partake in homecoming dance.

Adella Smolsky

Adella joined the Flightline in January of 2018. She is a senior this year, involved in show choir, theatre and student council. Outside of school she is involved in Omaha Fashion Week. You can contact her at [email protected]