Anna Johnson Recognized as Runza Student of the Week

Runza restaurants award Skutt Catholic senior as Runza Student of the Week.

Anna Johnson awarded Runza Student of the Week.

Photo by Gracie Killgore

Photo by Gracie Killgore

Photo by Gracie Killgore

Gracie Killgore, Op/Ed Editor

Anna Johnson is a friendly face and motivated student in the halls of Skutt Catholic, so it was no surprise when she was presented with the Runza Student of the Week. Johnson is highly involved in numerous activities and clubs at Skutt Catholic, and is constantly making a difference in the lives of students and Skutt Catholic.

Runza restaurants and KETV join forces to acknowledge a hardworking high school senior who balances their various activities in school and their community with poise. The student also makes every effort in both their academic and social life. The weekly recipient receives a $500 college scholarship and a feature in a segment during the Sunday night news on KETV.

Anna Johnson was nominated for this award by Ms. French, the Skutt Catholic Campus Ministry director. “There aren’t specific qualifications for Runza Student of the Week. An administer, coach, or family friend can nominate you for your involvement in your community and school,” Skutt Catholic senior Anna Johnson said.

Johnson is currently involved in Kids Against Hunger, student council, Angels (Skutt Catholic’s women’s prayer group), Future Business Leaders of America, Operation Others, Ministry Council, International Thespian Society, National Art Honors Society, National Honors Society, and National English Honors Society. Anna was also a member of show choir for three years.

A camera crew followed Johnson during a school day last week in order to film the segment for the news. “The crew filmed a small commercial like clip about me that they will air this Sunday night,” Johnson said. The crew captured Anna in her classes and participating in some of her various activities.

Johnson plans to attend the University of Nebraska-Lincoln next year to become a Physician’s assistant or a nurse anesthetist.

Tune in to KETV on Sunday, October 7, at 10 p.m. to watch and support Anna Johnson’s Runza Student of the Week segment.

Gracie Killgore

Gracie joined The Flightline in January of 2018. She is a junior this year, involved in tennis, HOSA and FBLA . Outside of school, she enjoys online shopping, hanging out with friends and watching Netflix. You can email her at [email protected]