Kavanaugh Hearing Held Thursday

Congressional hearings elicit emotional responses

Photo+by+Getty+Images+

Kavanaugh Hearing Held Thursday

Photo by Getty Images

Photo by Getty Images

Photo by Getty Images

Photo by Getty Images

Clara Pohlman, Feature Editor

September 28– On Thursday, September 27, Dr. Christine Ford and Judge Brett Kavanaugh spoke at a hearing as to whether the alleged sexual assault took place in the summer of 1982. Brett Kavanaugh’s alleged sexual assault case against Dr. Christine Ford was said to have happened in the summer of 1982 in Maryland when each person was in high school.

Despite hazed facts and an emotional testimony, Dr Ford gave her opening statements early in the morning of the 27th. She displayed facts of her recollection of the day the alleged assault took place, along with detailed accounts of who was in attendance and how the assault came about. The remainder of her hearing consisted of questions from senators and clarification of documents that had appeared as evidence in the investigation.

Later on in the afternoon, Judge Kavanaugh took the stand and gave an elongated fifty-five-minute opening statement filled with authentic emotion and facts from his point of view from the summer that the alleged assault was said to have taken place. Kavanaugh brought up points that the friends who were said to have been at the alleged gathering had no recollection nor any relationship with Dr. Ford.

While both sides of the hearings elicited emotional responses, the ultimate decision as to whether Judge Brett Kavanaugh will be admitted into the Supreme Court will be decided today by the Senate vote.

Clara Pohlman

Clara joined the Flightline in August of 2017. She is a senior this year, involved in speech, show choir, and theatre. Outside of school she loves working as a princess for children's birthday parties. You can email her at [email protected]