Supreme Court Nominee Accused of Assault

Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination is jeopardized by assault accusations

September 6, 2018 - Washington, District of Columbia, U.S - U.S. Supreme Court nominee Judge BRETT KAVANAUGH appears before the Senate Judiciary Committee for day three of his confirmation hearing on Capitol Hill. Kavanaugh was nominated by U.S. President Donald Trump to fill the vacancy on the court left by retiring Justice Anthony Kennedy. (Credit Image: © Erin Scott/ZUMA Wire)

Photo by Erin Scott/ZUMA

Photo by Erin Scott/ZUMA

Photo by Erin Scott/ZUMA

Blaine Wikoff, Media Editor

Sept. 17, 2018 — A Supreme Court nominee has been accused of sexual assault by a psychology professor from California. Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser, claims that Brett Kavanaugh, the nominee, tried to assault her at a high school party in 1982. Kavanaugh denies the whole thing, and even denies being at the party.

Prof. Ford will testify to senate about the incident. In a statement Chuck Grassley, the senate Judiciary Committee Chairman, stated that, “…anyone who comes forward as Dr. Ford has done deserves to be heard,”.

The White House will heavily defend Kavanaugh. Trump referred to Kavanaugh as one of the “finest people” he knew. Kavanaugh’s plan is to have many women, from his adult and teenage life, attest to his character. At the same time Trump said that if Ford has a very credible story, he would have to re-evaluate.

Democrats have been trying to get the FBI involved, but Republicans and the FBI think it would be a waste of time. The democrats want the FBI to launch an investigation on the case, but the opposing side believes that they will get the same results from just interviewing Kavanaugh and Ford.

If Ford testifies and people believe her, it will heavily set Trump back. Trump’s goal has been to appoint as many conservatives in to positions of power as possible.

Blaine Wikoff

Blaine joined The Flightline in January of 2018. He is a senior this year, involved in show choir, theatre, cross country, rock climbing club and band. Outside of school he plays bass, watches movies, plays video games and listens to the Red Hot Chili Peppers. You can email him at [email protected]