Railcar Modern American Kitchen: A Picturesque Eatery Serving High Quality Food

Railcar Modern American Kitchen provides excellent food and service in an appealing restaurant.

Railcar Modern American Kitchen serves delicious meals in an attractive restaurant.

Photo by Gracie Killgore

Photo by Gracie Killgore

Gracie Killgore, Op/Ed Editor

In a plaza by 144th and Blondo, Railcar Modern American Kitchen lies in between an orthodontics office and a martial arts studio, serving high-quality food and service in a charmingly decorated eatery

Before Googling restaurants nearby, I had never heard of Railcar Modern American Kitchen. The quaint style of the restaurant in the picture online and the mouthwatering menu caught my attention.

When first arriving at Railcar, the outside doesn’t look like anything special. However, after being seated, the restaurant proves to be quite unique. Wooden bars are placed in the back to look like train tracks, and pictures of trains line the walls. The rustic chic vibe of the restaurant draws you in, and its welcoming atmosphere is contagious.

Photo by Gracie Killgore
Railcar’s rustic and appealing design was impressive.

The service at Railcar Modern American Kitchen is exceptional. The waitress at my table was extremely friendly and attentive, and she always seemed to have a large smile on her face.

After observing the appetizers located on the menu, the Lobster Hush Puppies caught my attention. They were delivered to our table quickly and contained bacon, lobster, tomato, green onion, and harissa aioli. The lobster hush puppies had a breaded outside with a buttery lobster inside, and the creamy sauce was the perfect balance of sweet and spicy.

Photo by Gracie Killgore
The Lobster Hush Puppies at Railcar were fluffy and delicious.

After looking at the entree options, I decided on ordering the Saturday night special, which was prime rib with potatoes and a choice of soup or salad. French Onion soup was my choice, and it arrived piping hot.

Golden baked mozzarella cheese was melted over the slice of bread placed in the French Onion soup. Under the bread, the soup was packed with onions and tasted both savory and sweet. All in all, it was one of the best soups I have ever tasted.

Photo by Gracie Killgore
The French Onion soup at Railcar was one of the best soups I had ever tried.

I was unable to finish my soup before my whopping serving of prime rib with a side of potatoes had arrived. The prime rib was cooked to perfection, with a heavily seasoned outside layer of spices. The meat was juicy and tender, and the mashed potatoes were buttery and a nice, fluffy texture.

Photo by Gracie Killgore
The prime rib and mashed potatoes at Railcar were exceptional.

The one negative aspect about Railcar Modern American Kitchen is the price. The dinner was expensive, so I would not suggest trying this restaurant on a tight budget.

Overall, I was extremely impressed with the quality and service of Railcar Modern American kitchen. To all those looking for quality comfort food with a homey atmosphere, I definitely recommend giving this place a try.  

Gracie Killgore

Gracie joined The Flightline in January of 2018. She is a junior this year, involved in tennis, HOSA and FBLA . Outside of school, she enjoys online shopping, hanging out with friends and watching Netflix. You can email her at [email protected]