Recruitment Video Calls Everyone to “Soar with us at Skutt Catholic”

Camera Crew and Recruitment director shoot a new middle school recruitment video

Skutt+Catholic+High+School+at+sunrise+

Skutt Catholic High School at sunrise

Skutt Catholic High School at sunrise

Photo by Sydney Heinrich

Skutt Catholic High School at sunrise

Photo by Sydney Heinrich

Photo by Sydney Heinrich

Skutt Catholic High School at sunrise

Emma Brisbois, Managing Editor

Aug. 23, 2018 – Today at Skutt Catholic, many students were pulled from class and asked to say the simple phrase, “Soar with us at Skutt Catholic” into a camera’s lens.

Skutt Catholic’s director of recruitment, Deacon Tim Bloomingdale, buzzed around the school with a camera man, hoping to get the overall feel for what a day at Skutt Catholic is like. “The Video is for recruitment,” Deacon Bloomingdale said. “Hopefully, it benefits the entire Skutt Catholic community. It is made to inform middle school families and inspire them to investigate our school. We make a new one every 2-3 years.”

The camera crew and Deacon Bloomingdale were seemingly everywhere today, popping into classrooms and even venturing outside to get some footage of a few gym classes playing sand volleyball. The video clips displayed a normal, everyday routine at Skutt Catholic, and the crew attempted to capture all aspects of the community.

“It [the recruitment video] will be shown at recruitment events and middle school visits,” Bloomingdale said. “And it will probably be posted on the website,” Bloomingdale said. The camera man spent an entire day at Skutt Catholic, showing an immense amount of effort towards making this video incredible.

“It is intended for middle school students and their families,” Bloomingdale said. “But, hopefully it will be enjoyed by all,” Bloomingdale said.

Faculty, administrators, staff, and students all gave a little bit to this video today. In the future, it should serve as documentation to what Skutt Catholic is really like, hopefully giving a glimpse into everyday life and encouraging more students to attend.

Emma Brisbois

Emma joined The Flightline in August of 2017. She is a senior this year, involved in cheerleading and show choir. Outside of school, she enjoys going to concerts, playing the piano and hanging out with friends. You can email her at [email protected]