Altar’d State: Giving Back While Dressing Up

New boutique in Village Pointe has inspiring mission to serve

Adella Smolsky, Social Media Editor

As you are walking through Village Pointe, you may notice a new boutique that differs from the structure of the rest of the mall. Brick walls and a wire butterfly sculpture set it apart architecturally. As you step in you are pleased with the large selection of high quality, beautiful clothing. Welcome to Altar,d State.

Altar,d State offers a large selection of dresses and shirts.

Founded by Brian Mason and Aaron Walters in November of 2009, Altar,d State focuses on bridging a gap in the community. “We are a give back company. The company originated as a coffee shop with a little bit of clothing, but they still gave back a little bit of something to their communities and the world. The clothing did so well that they decided to sell strictly women’s clothing,” said boutique employee Stevi Azure.

Along with their beautiful message and mission, Altar,d State has a gorgeous selection of clothing. Similar to many classic boutiques that students visit, Altar,d State offers dress, shirt, shoes, pants, swimwear, and jewelry options. Statement and staple pieces are each a part of their inventory. They sell both fancy and a bit more casual choices to please just about everyone.

Altar,d State has large fitting rooms to accommodate their customers.

“I was extremely surprised when I walked into Altar,d State. It’s a very large store with beautiful clothes and decorations; it’s very sparkly,” said junior Ann Gregory. “The workers are all very knowledgeable about the store and its mission and are happy to help you find what you’re looking for,” Gregory finished.

The fitting rooms are in a very large area and are equipped with high end lighting, to create an atmosphere that aids in the selection of clothing and makes the shopping experience more enjoyable.

Altar,d State is adding summer pieces to their inventory.

Altar,d State has grown from one store to about 80 stores in 23 states in the last nine years. It is a Christian-based company, and Bible verses are on the walls along with the inventory. “Altar,d State pays their employees to volunteer, and they encourage it strongly. Each month, Altar,d State employees can volunteer for hours and get paid their hourly wage to volunteer,” said Azure.

Altar,d State hangs their inspiring mission on the wall.

Altar,d State sticks to its core values of selflessness, excellence, responsibility, visionary, inspirational, creativity, and empowerment. “Every Monday we have something called Mission Monday where each store has a local charity to which they give 10% of the net proceeds,” Azure said. “In addition to that, a portion of net proceeds are constantly being given back, whether it’s to other local charities or to missions around the world. Altar,d State has multiple schools in Peru, elementary through high school, and then the company also sponsors thousands of children throughout the world as well,” Azure continued.

Overall Altar,d State is a must-see, and I would recommend it to anyone who loves a good boutique or who is looking to shop responsibly. Their unique intention to help the community and the world is something that will be noticed by others, and their future success will be monumental.

Adella Smolsky - Social Media Editor

Adella became a member of the Flightline in January of 2018. She is a junior this year involved in show choir, theatre, and student council at Skutt Catholic and enjoys babysitting outside of school. You can email her at [email protected]