7 Best Healthy Restaurants in Omaha

Wholesome options for those with fresh palettes

Adella Smolsky, Staff Reporter

1. Railcar Modern American Kitchen
Railcar is a restaurant that not many people know about. Located on 144th and Blondo, this high-end eatery offers many healthy options and uses all natural ingredients. They also accommodate gluten-free customers with gluten-free pasta, buns and sauces upon request. The chicken and the goat warm sandwich with a small side Greek chopped salad is a wonderful combination.

2. Paradise Bakery and Cafe
A Village Pointe favorite, Paradise has promised to use clean ingredients in their food. They have an extremely large selection of salad recipes on their menu, along with homemade soups and sandwiches. Two very popular items are their chicken Caesar salad and the chicken artichoke panini, both available on the, “You Choose Two,” menu.

3. EatFitGo
Similar to traditional fast food restaurants, EatFitGo’s speedy preparation is very pleasing to those on a time constraint, but still is sure to use quality and healthy ingredients in their food. This is also a great place to go for “meal preps,” and they even have a special called “Perfect Week,” five meals a day for five days. This includes five breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks and protein bars.

4. Pitch Pizzeria
All of the food at Pitch is made in-house, including their pizza dough. They strive to use organic, fresh ingredients in order to make the meals delicious. Another unique quality is the wood fired ovens that that they use to make pizzas. As the weather begins to warm, it is a good time to sit on their unique rooftop patio to enjoy your meal.

Pitch’s Thai Chicken salad is a must try, comprised of spinach, caramelized walnuts, tangerines, red cabbage, bean sprouts, grilled chicken and a Thai peanut sauce.

5. Clever Greens (Flagship Commons)
Clever Greens is a small salad shop located in Flagship Commons. They prepare each salad by hand and have unique ingredients for every salad combination. They also have a small selection of soups and chips to make it a meal. It is all organic and made with clean ingredients.

6. Dolce
Another unique food establishment, Dolce, is elegant and focuses on quality. While on the higher price of the spectrum, the level of excellence is worth it. They have specials running frequently and offer five course dinner meals for couples. Some favorite menu items here are the chorizo Mac and Cheese, and the pan roasted chicken breast.

7. GreenBelly
GreenBelly has become increasingly popular in the Skutt Catholic community. They are a company dedicated to helping the environment, using environment friendly recycled packaging and sustainable food sources. Their menu offers salads, wraps, grilled sandwiches and pizzas, just to name a few.

Adella Smolsky - Social Media Editor

Adella became a member of the Flightline in January of 2018. She is a junior this year involved in show choir, theatre, and student council at Skutt Catholic and enjoys babysitting outside of school. You can email her at [email protected]