Stevie Yaghmour: Calculus Aficionado, Master Trumpeter

Skutt Catholic senior talks The Incredibles, cats, and Einstein

Yaghmour takes a break from calculus to pose in front of Skutt Catholic

Photo by Blaine Wikoff

Photo by Blaine Wikoff

Photo by Blaine Wikoff

Blaine Wikoff, Staff Reporter

Senior Stevie Yaghmour is well known around Skutt Catholic for his genius and musical talent. Most people that knew Stevie as a child would not have guessed he would be the extroverted, charismatic person he is today, but being involved in so many activities has helped him come out of his shell.

What activities are you involved in?
“I’ve always tried to keep myself fairly involved during my time at Skutt Catholic. I’ve participated in Band, Show Choir, Swimming, Theater, Mock Trial, Track, and National Honor Society.”

How did you discover your love for math?
“I’m not really sure. I’ve just always been a huge math nerd. I’m very left-brained so I really enjoy the critical-thinking aspect of the beauty of mathematics.”

Where are you going after High school and what do you want to do?
“So next year I’m just going to head on down to Lincoln. I’m planning on studying chemical engineering next semester, and I’ll have to wait and see where that takes me. “

What is your favorite movie?
“That’s a tough one. If I’m going to be entirely honest I’d probably have to say The Incredibles. That movie has one of the most intricate plots, especially for an animated movie. Pixar truly did well.”

Who is your role model?
“My parents would most likely be my biggest role models, but I’ve also always looked up to my grandfather.”

How would your friends describe you?
“My friends would probably say that I’m very nerdy and rather blunt. However, I’d hope that they also think that I always try my best to what’s right.”

What is your favorite childhood memory?
“Honestly the happiest parts of my childhood that I can remember were always the simplest things. I always enjoyed spending time outside with my family and playing Super Mario Galaxy. “

Who is your favorite band?
“Bellevue West High School Marching Band.”

Are you a cat or dog person?
“I’m allergic to cats, so I’d have to say I’m more of a dog person.”

If you could meet anyone living or dead who would it be?
“Albert Einstein. I would sit down and listen to a five hour lecture on the mysteries of our universe. That man’s mind was truly a work of art, and being able to hear him explain everything that he’d done would be fantastic.”

Blaine Wikoff

Blaine joined The Flightline in January of 2018. He is a senior this year, involved in show choir, theatre, cross country, rock climbing club and band. Outside of school he plays bass, watches movies, plays video games and listens to the Red Hot Chili Peppers. You can email him at [email protected]