Father Harrison Named Next Girls Golf Coach

School chaplain to lead team in the fall

Father Harrison taking picture by St. Gerald

Photo by Patrick Harrison

Photo by Patrick Harrison

Photo by Patrick Harrison

Jack McGonigal, Staff Reporter

March 21, 2018 — The girls’ golf program has found its new head coach. Father Patrick Harrison will lead the charge this upcoming fall. Harrison was an assistant coach last year, and has had a golf background for the majority of his lifetime. Harrison played golf throughout high school and college.

He also worked several positions on the golf course he when was younger. “It will be nice to have a year under my belt–before I begin head coaching. I am looking forward to being around the game, and the girls. It’s one of my main hobbies.” Harrison said.

The girls’ golf team plays their tournaments in the fall, unlike the guys who play in the spring. Both teams play and practice at Tiburon Golf Course. “We didn’t do a lot of golf off the driving range, and I think Father Harrison will be helpful by putting us on the course some more,” junior golfer Katie Augustine said.

The SkyHawk girls golf team will have to adjust to the new head coach of the program in the Fall.

Jack McGonigal

Jack joined the Flightline in January of 2018. He is a senior this year, involved in Guardians, Skyhawks For Life and announces various sporting events at Skutt Catholic. Outside of school, he enjoys watching baseball, running and spending time with friends. You can email him at [email protected]