Skutt Catholic Junior Selected for Yale Young Global Scholars Program

Patrick Slattery chosen for international academic cohort

Photo by Patrick Slattery

Maria Koliopoulos, Graphics Editor

March 21, 2018 — Skutt Catholic Junior Patrick Slattery has been selected to participate in the Yale Young Global Scholars Program during the summer of 2018.

The Yale Young Global Scholars Program is a summer academic enrichment and leadership program that  consists of a pair two-week sessions at Yale campuses, one at Yale’s Campus in New Haven and one at the Yale Center in Beijing, China.

Each year, a handful of students from across the country are chosen to attend.

As the students participate in the Yale Young Global Scholars Program, they will study in campus lecture halls and classrooms, live in Yale’s historic residential colleges, eat in award-winning dining halls, meet a talented community of other high-reaching students, engage with world-renowned professors, and interact with extraordinary visiting practitioners.

The program is a great opportunity for the scholars to get a head start on their future, Slattery believes.

Slattery aims high when it comes to his own goals. “Although I have lived in Nebraska my whole life, I plan to attend a college on the East Coast (hopefully Yale) and pursue a career in the medical field.”

Maria Koliopoulos

Maria became a member of The Flightline in January of 2016. She is a senior this year involved in show choir at Skutt Catholic and is probably climbing a tree or drawing outside of school. You can email her at [email protected]