Spring Sports Pep Rally Goes Off Without a Hitch

Final pep rally of the year excites students

Cheerleaders hype up the crowd at Friday's pep rally

Photo by Skutt Catholic Yearbook Staff

Photo by Skutt Catholic Yearbook Staff

Photo by Skutt Catholic Yearbook Staff

Emma Brisbois, BirdFeed Editor

March 16, 2018 – At approximately 2:30 p.m. Friday, the entirety of Skutt Catholic’s student section filed into the gym for the school year’s concluding pep rally.

The spring sports pep rally is an event in which many students are recognized for their participation in sports and activities. This pep rally was a bit different than the others, it included a parade of champions for all of the winter sports that won a state title. This year, that list included chess, Poetry Out Loud State Champion Hope Stratman, cheer, dance, and wrestling.

The members of the spring sports including, trap shooting, track and field, girls soccer, boys soccer, girls tennis and boys golf were all asked to stand and be recognized.

An appearance from Samson the SkyHawk was also an exciting event at the pep rally today. The Samson has been absent from pep rallies for some time, but today Samson helped to hype up the crowd.

The students competed in a tug of war game, putting the freshman against the seniors and the juniors against the sophomores. In the finals, the freshman went head to head against the juniors. The junior class came out on top.

The dance team also did a performance including some special guests. The team picked select seniors to perform a dance routine. This tradition is wildly popular and is always has great entertainment value.

Emma Brisbois

Emma joined The Flightline in August of 2017. She is a senior this year, involved in cheerleading and show choir. Outside of school, she enjoys going to concerts, playing the piano and hanging out with friends. You can email her at [email protected]