Fusion Taste: An Excellent Eatery for Trying Something New

Restaurant serves affordable and delicious Vietnamese cuisine

Fusion Taste's pho bowl with flank steak

Photo by Tom Hermanek

Photo by Tom Hermanek

Photo by Tom Hermanek

Tom Hermanek, Managing Editor

Within a forgotten strip mall nestled between Lowe’s and the edge of a subdivision lies a friendly, unique restaurant serving up delicious bowls of pho (pronouced “fuh”), a broth-based Vietnamese meal comprised of noodles, veggies, meat and other toppings. 

Photo by Tom Hermanek
Fusion Taste’s entryway

Fusion Taste, located at 14450 Eagle Run Drive in Omaha, is a new Vietnamese Eatery that’s clean, inviting, appetizing and affordable.

Upon arrival, diners are greeted by a bright, modern interior with new tile floors and warm green walls. Upon being seated, visitors pour over large menus offering pho and other hot Vietnamese and Asian cuisine.

The staff at Fusion Taste is friendly and genuine. Take one look at the restaurant’s Google reviews and diners will find that the owner is very involved in their restaurant and cares about customer experience. Although some reviewers complained about long wait times, my visit on a weeknight lasted under an hour, with my pho arriving no more than 15 minutes after placing my order. Such wait times place a weekday lunch at Fusion Taste within the reach of privileged seniors with a back-to-back lunch and study hall.

Fusion Taste offers a great opportunity for Omahans to get acquainted with pho, offering the dish with a number of combinations of toppings like brisket, flank steak, chicken, and various vegetables. Fusion Taste’s pho broth is, without a doubt, made in house, as it tastes fresh and flavorful. Their pho toppings seemed to be of high quality as well, though the pho with flank steak was quite light on meat.

Photo by Tom Hermanek
Fusion Taste features a warm dining area.

The broth in the Beef Flank Pho was a bit thin, similar to chicken broth. For a base that’s more thick, rich, and robust, diners may want to opt for the Brisket Pho Bowl. This entree has a thicker broth provided by the naturally occurring fat in the brisket it’s served with.

Despite a few shortcomings, Fusion Taste was delightfully affordable across the menu; large bowls of pho were priced at just $8. Hard-to-find beverages like boba tea, a milk-based tea drink, were available in flavors such as matcha and taro root at around $4 as well. It’s affordability, quality and nearby location make Fusion Taste an ideal place to try a new dish while out with friends.

Tom Hermanek - Managing Editor

Tom became a member of The Flightline in January of 2015. He is a senior who is involved in mock trial and swimming. Off campus, Tom spends his time with friends or working at Starbucks. You can email him at [email protected].