Omaha Taphouse Offers Quick Bite

Local business delivers greasy, tasty food

The Taphouse storefront

The Taphouse storefront

Photo by Sam Klemme

Photo by Sam Klemme

The Taphouse storefront

Sam Klemme, Entertainment Editor

Located in the 155th Plaza, the Omaha Taphouse offers hearty burgers and appetizing sandwiches quickly. Its modern style and great service make it an amazing place to stop by after a busy day.

Upon entering, the first thing I noticed is its minimalistic atmosphere. The restaurant’s use of jars to cover light bulbs hanging from the ceiling and polished wood made it look pleasing while also being cheap.

The next thing I noticed was the space or lack thereof. Each of the tables were placed within close proximity to each other and the booths were much longer than necessary and close to the table. When I sat in one I had about two inches left between me and the table.

After scooting my way down to the end of a booth, I took a look at the menu. A large portion of what is offered is burgers. There is a selection of 20 different burgers and the option to build your own burger. It’s not all they offer however, there are smaller lists of various salads, tacos, wings, and sandwiches. On top of that there is a soup offered that changes daily.

I started off with an appetizer of onion rings which were honestly mediocre. The onion itself was sweet, but it was overall flavorless. It was better served with a bit ketchup on the side; then decided to go with their signature burger for my main meal, which is a double patty topped with lettuce, tomato, onion, and the Taphouse sauce. This came with a side of hand cut fries.

The burger came out on a small metal tray with a small metal basket filled with fries. At first, the serving can seem small, but it’s much more filling than it appears.

It tasted new and fresh from any other place I’ve tried. Their sauce offered a new taste to the classic burger. The meat was cooked perfectly and paired along well with the toppings. The fries were not over fried and complimented the burger quite well. They aren’t my favorite, but they are definitely up there.

The Omaha Taphouse is an amazing stop after a long day for flavorful food. With a location that is not too far off makes this the perfect to gather some friends and have a casual dinner.

Sam Klemme - Entertainment Editor

Sam became a member of The Flightline in January of 2017. He is a junior this year involved in show choir and spends time playing video games in his basement outside of school. You can email him at [email protected]