Coaches Vs. Cancer, Girls Basketball Senior Night Held Tonight

The LadyHawks senior night raises awareness for cancer.

The+three+basketball+seniors+at+their+Senior+Night.+

The three basketball seniors at their Senior Night.

Clara Pohlman, Social Media Editor

Jan. 26, 2018 – Tonight the girls basketball team celebrates both their seniors and cancer survivors. The girls’ last home game will begin tonight at 5:45 with FREE T-Shirts for the first 100 SkyHawk fans in attendance.

Decked out in pink, the shirts will symbolize the theme of the traditional game, Coaches vs Cancer. The goal of the game is to raise cancer awareness while also celebrating the seniors who have contributed so much to the team.

Ellie Bassett, Chloe Behrens, and Abby Emery will be honored tonight as a thank you to their dedication and hard work for the basketball program. Senior Chloe Behrens recounts her last four years as a LadyHawk. “The last three years of basketball having a blast! I actually transfer my sophomore year so only played for three years. The coaching staff really wants us to succeed. The coaching staff really wants us to succeed but the best part of it all has been the team.”

“I’ve been watching other senior Hawks and now that I’m the senior it feels weird. It’s a bittersweet experience that I’m excited for!”

Boys JV and Varsity is set to follow the girl’s teams. All SkyHawks are encouraged to attend (and you might even get a free shirt) and be loud! Let’s go hawks!

Clara Pohlman

Clara joined the Flightline in August of 2017. She is a senior this year, involved in speech, show choir, and theatre. Outside of school she loves working as a princess for children's birthday parties. You can email her at [email protected]