Mickey Edstrand Wins Miss Teen Nebraska

Skutt Catholic senior wins a major pageant

Mickey Edstrand Wins Miss Teen Nebraska

Mickey poses after a victory in her pageant.

Photo by Andrew Mize

Photo by Andrew Mize

Photo by Andrew Mize

Andrew Mize, Staff Reporter

Jan. 10, 2018 — Most people know her as a regular student at Skutt Catholic, but Mickey Edstrand has a special talent: she participates in beauty pageants.

Mickey was recently crowned Miss Teen Nebraska. This is a very prestigious honor as she was victorious over many competitors from the Cornhusker state. “My new title is Miss Nebraska Teen USA 2018. This was my first year ever competing in the USA system. The competition includes interview, onstage question, active wear and evening gown. It was held at the Rose theater this weekend. I am beyond shocked and so grateful for this opportunity. This title is more than just a crown on my head, it is an opportunity of a lifetime to grow,” said Mickey Edstrand.

This summer, Mickey will go on to compete for the Miss Teen USA title. “This is one of the biggest honors I could get in the pageant world, a chance to represent my home state at the Miss teen USA pageant,” said Edstrand.

“I’d say I was more impressed by her accomplishment, but I wasn’t surprised when she won. I really still don’t understand pageants, I just know Mickey’s really good at them,” said Skutt Catholic junior Sam Edstrand, Mickey’s brother.

Hopefully, within the upcoming year, Skutt Catholic will be home to the new Miss Teen USA. No matter whether she is on the stage or in the classroom, Mickey is making a difference in the community, and is exemplifying what it means to be a SkyHawk.

Andrew Mize

Andrew joined the Flightline in August of 2017. He is a senior this year, involved in cross country, track, HOSA and Guardians. Outside of school, he enjoys watching football, Netflix and listening to music. You can email him at [email protected]