Bowling Finishes Week Two

Skutt Catholic ends second week poorly

Bowling Finishes Week Two

Katie Augustine bowls for the SkyHawks.

Katie Augustine bowls for the SkyHawks.

Photo by Jimena Dorador

Katie Augustine bowls for the SkyHawks.

Photo by Jimena Dorador

Photo by Jimena Dorador

Katie Augustine bowls for the SkyHawks.

Nathan Fletcher, Staff Reporter

Nov. 27, 2017– The Skutt Catholic bowling team participated today in the second meet of the season. The meet was held at Mockingbird lanes. Ten schools competed in the Omaha Metro High School Bowling event, and each school had a number of both varsity and JV, boys and girls teams competing.

Skutt Catholic currently has ten bowling teams, the most in the league. There are five varsity boys teams, one varsity girls team, three JV boys teams, and one JV girls team. Each team bowls three games against a team from another school, in the hopes of scoring points for their school’s leaderboard. A win in the first two rounds is worth three points, and a win in the third or fourth round is worth four points.

Skutt Catholic’s varsity girls bowled poorly this week, losing all three of their rounds to Gretna’s varsity girls. All four girls bowled well under their averages. Although junior Ellie Walters outperformed two Gretna bowlers in the first round, the girls still lost 388-500 and were unable to recover in either of the next three rounds.

Overall, the meet went worse than expected, but it is still only week two of the ten week season. The team has more than enough time to recover, and could even do a repeat of last year, when both the varsity boys and the JV boys took first in their respective leagues.

Nathan Fletcher

Nathan became a member of The Flightline in August of 2017. He is a senior this year, involved in cross country, track, and drama, and can be found watching movies outside of school. You can email him at [email protected]