Cole Mingo – A Difference Maker

A look at one of Skutt Catholic's most fascinating students

Cole+Mingo+in+his+favorite+team%27s+sweatshirt+
Cole Mingo in his favorite team's sweatshirt

Photo by Andrew Mize

Photo by Andrew Mize

Andrew Mize, Staff Reporter

Cole Mingo is a student with many talents. Whether he is the Quizlet king or the roller coaster radical, Cole is an exceptional person in the school. He gives encouragement to all and zooms by his opponents on the track and the cross country course. He is the ultimate SkyHawk.

What is you favorite class?-My favorite class would have to be character skills with Mr. KW. because the class was a break from the typical standard dynamic of a class structure and you got to do fun stuff like dots, stencils, and chess.

What do you participate in?– I participate in cross country, track and field, guardians, NHS, EMHC, and technically part of football because I film.

What do you hope to do when you leave Skutt Catholic?– I hope to attend another university and major in secondary education in math and minor in Spanish. I would like to attend Dayton in Ohio because it’s awesome.

What inspired you to want to become a teacher?-Parental influence and a desire to form relationships and educate kids.

What is a normal day in the life of Cole Mingo?– I wake up at 5:45 a.m. Then, I eat breakfast, take a shower, and then I carpool. Then, I go to school and I’m not in season now, but I would usually have track or cross country practice and then go home and do homework. Also, I try to catch some football games if I have time.

What would your best friend describe you as?– Pain stakingly academically and athletically obsessed

Favorite place to eat- Spaghetti Works because you get world class pasta with a world class salad bar.

Favorite song– Take On Me. by A HA

If you could have two items if you were stranded on a desert island, what would they be?– I would take a rosary and a roller coaster.

Who do you most admire in life?-Jesus Christ

What are you most afraid of? -An evil and broken version of myself from the future traveling back in time to kill me or somebody I care about.

When did your love of roller coasters begin?– It started at the end of my 7th grade year when I rode the Dragon at Adventureland.

When did you start to seriously start making Quizlets?– I made some Quizlets in middle school, but I made a lot freshman and sophomore year.

How many hours of sleep do you get per night? – 7 1/2 hours

What would your greatest achievement be?-The Paul Troupe Award

Dogs or Cats?– Cats

Favorite internet meme?– The Willy Wonka one

How often do you go out to eat? – Once a week

What is your motto?-”To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.”

If you could live in one country, what would it be?– Definitely, the USA because it’s the best country, but if not I would say France because I have French ancestry.

If you could travel anywhere for vacation, where would you go? I would go to Sandusky, Ohio to visit the greatest place on earth, Cedar Point, and every amusement park in the USA

If you were president, what would be the first thing you do?– Restore the temperance movement

If you could witness any event at any time in history, what would it be?- The Resurrection

Longest you have been awake? 21 hours

If you were a kind of tree, what kind would you be? -A Christmas tree because I would light up the room.

Andrew Mize - Staff Reporter

Andrew became a member of The Flightline in August of 2017. He is a junior involved in cross country and Science Olympiad. Outside of school, he works at Sonic, enjoys running, and Cubs and Royals baseball. You can email him at [email protected]