Group Pictures, Gowns, and Gatsby

A Prom 2015 Preview

Group Pictures, Gowns, and Gatsby

Paige Ourada, Copy Editor

It may be only January, but prom season is quickly approaching, and talks of corsages and disco balls are buzzing around the halls of Skutt Catholic. “I start getting excited for prom the day after prom,” says senior Abby Hoffman. “I already have my dress.” The male population, on the other hand, is bewildered that some are already planning for the big night. Senior Matt Miner responded with laughter and said, “I’ll let my date plan everything.” Fear not, SkyHawks, for I am not here to give you a how-to guide on prom-posals or diagram demonstrating the proper way to slow dance, but a piece that will have you so hyped for prom that by the end of it, you will be cha-cha sliding with excitement.

Julianne Faulconer, a member of the 2015 Junior Class Board, revealed some insight on what the juniors and seniors will be seeing on prom night. “We decided to go with a Great Gatsby theme because it is a little beside the norm of prom themes; it is something that everyone can get into the swing of. We think the decorations will be full of light and life,” Faulconer said.

Décor has been ordered, jobs have been assigned, and the Junior Class Board is already hard at work to make sure that April 11, 2015 is a night that the SkyHawks will always remember. The Ridge Banquet Facility in Elkhorn will soon be transformed into a party lavish enough to compete with that of Jay Gatsby. “Altogether, we just hope that everyone has a wonderful Prom experience, whether it is the juniors attending for the first time, or the seniors with their final high school dance. We truly want this to be a night full of fun with our fellow SkyHawks,” said Faulconer. With feathers, lights, and people dressed to the nines, Skutt Catholic’s very own Gatsby bash surely will be unforgettable.