11 of the Best Lifetime Fit Experiences

The best times in physical education

Picture+of+Skutt+Catholic%27s+auxiliary+gym+where+Lifetime+Fitness+has+class+

11 of the Best Lifetime Fit Experiences

Picture of Skutt Catholic's auxiliary gym where Lifetime Fitness has class

Photo by Emma Brisbois

Photo by Emma Brisbois

Photo by Emma Brisbois

Emma Brisbois, Copy Editor

Lifetime fitness is a class that teaches physical education for those who aren’t as athletically inclined.“Lifetime fitness reaches the students that want to give their best,” said gym teacher Ms. Cherri Kros. “work hard, and exercise, but maybe aren’t as competitive. This way, students can give their best effort in a welcoming environment,” Kros continued. Many students look fondly back on the class, reminiscing of their best times in PE.

1. “I loved that our class was so small and that we actually got to have fun. I felt like everyone actually got the chance to try stuff without feeling like we were going to get made fun of.” – Junior, Josie Polacek

2. “One time I played a whole game of soccer with a concussion… it was pretty cool.” -Freshman, Macy Mollner

3. “Ms. Kros always had nicknames for all of us. I was ‘Hannah Blonde’ and I always laugh when I think about that, because the name sticks with me.” -Junior, Hannah Schroeter

4. “I had lifetime fit first period, and I gave Ms. Kros a cookie cake, on the last day of school, to apologize for being late literally every day that year.” – Sophomore, Niki Cundiff

5. “We all thought that Sammie Anderson broke the Wii in class one day. Everyone was freaking out and tweeting about it. I still laugh when I think of that day.” -Junior, Anna Johnson

6. “The best thing, no question, was just dance on fridays. It was a nice break at the end of the week when we could all just have fun.” – Senior, Claire Kolkman

7. “Hockey was so much fun. We had people slipping and falling, we were hitting each other with our sticks. We always just had a laugh. I had so much fun in that class.” – Junior, Eddie Okosi

8. “I loved lifetime fit. I remember one time we were playing hockey and Josie accidentally hit my finger with her stick. I think it was broken because I couldn’t write for like three days. It was still so worth going hard in hockey, though.” -Junior, Kaiya Doue

9. “Sometimes, Ms. Kros would dance with us when we played Just Dance. She always killed it.” -Junior, Grace Wagner

10. “Hockey is my favorite sport and everyone in my class always went so hardcore in all of our hockey games… there was tons of high-sticking.” -Sophomore, Sophia Dreessen

11. “Our class killed it at just dance. I also loved yoga we did every Monday. That class was honestly the best.” – Junior, Adella Smolsky

Emma Brisbois

Emma joined The Flightline in August of 2017. She is a senior this year, involved in cheerleading and show choir. Outside of school, she enjoys going to concerts, playing the piano and hanging out with friends. You can email her at [email protected]