Meet the Artist: Alyssa Schmitt

Senior Alyssa Schmitt shares her perspective on her work

Maria Miller & Alyssa Schmitt

Maria Miller, Flightline Editor-in-Chief

“Alyssa is just driven to create,” said art teacher Mrs. Johnna Eck. ” I feel it is my job as her teacher to just stay out of her way. I try to guide her and give her suggestions, but she has all the ideas on her own,” Eck continued. Senior Alyssa Schmitt is one of the many talented artists creating within the halls of Skutt Catholic.

Skutt Catholic offers many art classes including everything from Art Foundations to Pottery, AP Drawing, and AP Design. In fact, many alumni go on to study art all around the country, and even the world. The higher ranking classes take field trips to many art hotspots around Omaha, and offer a wide range of materials for the students to explore and create with.

Schmitt has been featured multiple art shows including the Omaha Catholic School Art Show, Scholastics, and the Summer Arts Festival. Currently, she, along with fellow artist senior Andrea Sims, have pieces up in the SkyHawk Student Center. You can also check out more of her art, and donate here.

Maria Miller - Flightline Editor-in-Chief

Maria became a member of The Flightline in January of 2016. She is a senior this year involved in slam poetry at Skutt Catholic and spends time with her beloved mule, Shoelace, outside of school. You can email her at [email protected]