Blonde Hair Everywhere

Skutt Catholic football players prepare for state

Blonde Hair Everywhere

Alex Stumpff happy about his golden hair

Photo by Andrew Mize

Photo by Andrew Mize

Photo by Andrew Mize

Andrew Mize, Staff Reporter

Oct. 25, 2017 – It’s that time of year again. As students roam the halls, they will see their fellow gridiron companions with a bit of a change to their personal appearance.

Every year, once the football playoffs kick off, team members dye their hair blonde in a stint of a superstition and tradition. Besides the change in color, many players change their hairstyles to keep their hopes of a state title alive. “We have been doing this since before I got here and I think it really brings the team together. It is a symbol of how far we’ve come in the season and what we are trying to accomplish. I’m not the biggest fan of the color or the look, but whenever I look in the mirror, it reminds me of all of the workouts I have put in and that I don’t want them to be in vain,” said junior lineman Alex Stumpff.

It is a symbol of how far we’ve come in the season and what we are trying to accomplish.”

— Alex Stumpff

The football players plan to retain their new hair color roughly through the end of November. Ultimately, the players and all of Skutt Catholic hope that by the end of the season, they have medals that match their olden hair.

Andrew Mize

Andrew joined the Flightline in August of 2017. He is a senior this year, involved in cross country, track, HOSA and Guardians. Outside of school, he enjoys watching football, Netflix and listening to music. You can email him at [email protected]