FBLA Attends Fall Leadership Conference

FBLA's executive board finds new ideas and inspiration

The+attendees+of+FLC%2C+SC%27s+FBLA+executive+board+members+

FBLA Attends Fall Leadership Conference

The attendees of FLC, SC's FBLA executive board members

Photo by Elizabeth Rudden

Photo by Elizabeth Rudden

Photo by Elizabeth Rudden

Hope Stratman, Features Editor

Sept. 25, 2017 — Today, Skutt Catholic’s seven FBLA executive board members, along with FBLA advisor Mrs. Elizabeth Rudden, attended Nebraska’s Fall Leadership Conference. The conference was held at the Cornhusker Hotel in Lincoln, and Skutt Catholic’s attendees were joined by members of FBLA chapters from all around the state.

FBLA members, and especially the executive board, attend such conferences to learn about business and leadership and/or to improve Skutt Catholic’s FBLA. “We attended the [Fall Leadership] Conference to help diversify and improve our FBLA chapter through various ways,” says FBLA Vice President Caleb Sudbeck.

The day began with an introduction to the conference and to the State Officers, and then the keynote speaker, Rhett Laubach, gave his presentation. After this, SC’s exec board split up to attend workshops tailored to their positions, such as Treasurer or Vice President, to learn more about their positions and how to do them effectively.

Next up came the business/industry sessions, in which representatives of various corporations gave presentations about finding one’s way in the business realm. The day finished out with two program of work sessions, which covered a variety of ideas and opportunities for improving high school FBLA chapters.

Skutt Catholic’s FBLA learned quite a bit from the conference; “I hope that our FBLA exec took away numerous techniques and ideas to help improve our chapter for our members and our school,” says Sudbeck.

Hope Stratman - Features Editor

Hope became a member of The Flightline in August of 2016. She is a senior this year involved in activities including Speech and FBLA. Outside of school, she enjoys lists, photography, and naming inanimate objects. You can email her at [email protected]