SkyHawks Soar Over Crete Cardinals

Skutt Catholic takes the win against Crete High School, at home.

Photo+by+Yearbook+

SkyHawks Soar Over Crete Cardinals

Photo by Yearbook

Photo by Yearbook

Photo by Yearbook

Photo by Yearbook

Clara Pohlman, Social Media Editor

Sept. 9, 2017– Friday night the SkyHakws took on the Cardinals of Crete High School for the second home game of their season. After losing to Elkhorn South last week, the players were determined to redeem themselves.

Within the first quarter, quarterback Ben Sievers threw a 41- yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Jake Zeplin. After another touchdown from Skutt Catholic, Crete also scored, but the SkyHawks managed to keep the Cardinals at a score of 7 through the duration of the game.

The Skutt Catholic student cheering section was entirely decked out in American themed apparel and even joined in on singing “The Star Spangled Banner” towards the end of the game. The crowd’s love for their SkyHawks and country was most certainly evident in the enthusiasm that filled Moylan Stadium; especially as Skutt Catholic took the win by a whopping 37 points, leaving the final score: Skutt Catholic- 44, Crete- 7.

Next Friday’s game will be played at (and against) Elkhorn High School. Be there, be loud, and ready to cheer on the SkyHawks. 

Clara Pohlman

Clara joined the Flightline in August of 2017. She is a senior this year, involved in speech, show choir, and theatre. Outside of school she loves working as a princess for children's birthday parties. You can email her at [email protected]