Looking Back: How Far Seniors Have Come

Students share past and present goals

The+class+of+2018+posing+on+the+football+field.+

Looking Back: How Far Seniors Have Come

The class of 2018 posing on the football field.

Clara Pohlman, Social Media Editor

Goal getting and goal setting are important to keep in mind, especially as the school year winds back into motion. I wanted to know if students in the class of 2018 reached and/or remembered their goals coming into high school only four short years ago. Likewise, ask the newest members of our student body what they are hoping to achieve this year and beyond.

I had one goal in my freshman mind, and it was to meet at least one person that would make me a better person. As time went on, I slowly began to realize that the entire population of Skutt Catholic fulfilled that goal. Everyone here tries to make you a better person, which is something I did not expect to have in high school. I presumed that there would be a lot of people that didn’t bother with random people, like myself, but it turns out that everyone made me a happier and more positive person.

– senior Jack Duff

I just want to make this year as successful as possible.

– freshman Alex Stodden

Probably just being involved and meeting new people was really important to me coming into high school. It did happen because I did pretty much all new activities, so it really changed my life. I’ve discovered talents like running, singing, and dancing, that I didn’t even know I had.

– senior Ally Pachunka

I really want this year to just be fun and learn a lot. I’m really excited to start new experiences and just meet lots of new friends.”

– freshman Amanda Smolsky

Everyone seems to agree that new experiences and fresh faces have and will continue to be the makings of a wonderful school year.

Clara Pohlman

Clara joined the Flightline in August of 2017. She is a senior this year, involved in speech, show choir, and theatre. Outside of school she loves working as a princess for children's birthday parties. You can email her at [email protected]