• Musicians wanting to help with retreats/Campus Min events- meet today after school in CM Office!

• Big Hawks! Friday we will being meeting up with your Little Hawks at 9:15 for a QR activity. Please bring your iPads to the gym.

• Get your free 25th Anniversary T-Shirts During Lunch!

• All students interested in Vivace Band or Crew, please stop and see Mr. Storm in the music room by Tuesday, August 22nd.

• Set construction has begun for the fall play! Come to the stage after school at 3:30 and get involved.

• SkyHawks for Life will be hosting their first Life Nite on Tuesday Aug. 22 @ 7pm in the Student Center.

• Tryouts for the Mock Trial teams will be held on Sunday, August 27th at 5 p.m. in room C105.

Before We Say Goodbye

My final thank you to my greatest inspirations

Photo by Angela Callaghan

Photo by Angela Callaghan

Molly Gubbels, Entertainment Editor

The last three days of my senior year are laid out before me and suddenly everything is coming to an end. Soon I’ll clean out my locker and finish up my last few finals and, unfortunately, I’ll say my final goodbyes to Skutt and the people within it. With that in mind, my final article goes out to each and every one of you who have made my high school career what it is.

First of all, I extend my utmost thanks to my parents without whom I never would have made it to where I am today. Thank you for never giving up on me, even when I definitely seem like a lost cause. Thank you for dealing with my moodiness and always being there to guide me through the good times and the bad. Thank you for pushing me to achieve greatness and helping me reach my goals. You are the greatest inspiration I have ever had and I love you both dearly.

To Mrs. Hoye- Thank you for always believing in me. Thank you for guiding my writing and allowing me to find my creative voice. You are a large part of why I ended up pursuing my dream to write. Thank you for being one of the most quirky, funny, inspiring people I have ever had the privilege to know.

To Mr. Plum- Thank you for teaching me what it means to be a leader. Our APUSH class holds such an amazing group of people, so I extend my thanks to you for guiding us to be the best that we could be.

To the Senior class- Thank you for creating a wonderful and surprising four years. You’ve all worked so hard and, hey, we finally made it. All those years running on minimal sleep have finally paid off and we’re on our way to the next journey. Thank you for making this an incredibly memorable high school career.

To my Newspaper staff- Thank you for being my family and for accepting me for all my quirks and faults. You all gave me an outlet for my creativity and made me realize that I matter. You are all the most unique and amazing group of people and it has been among my greatest adventures to become a part of this wonderful, whacky family. You are all bound for amazing things in the future and I am so incredibly proud to have had the honor to work among you.

Photo by Erin Gubbels

To Mr. Elliott- Words cannot express how thankful I am that you pushed me to become a part of Newspaper. Your persistence landed me a spot on this amazing team and it has been such a crazy, wonderful adventure. Thank you for pushing us towards excellence and always allowing us to be ourselves.

Finally, to any and all who were not mentioned above, I am immensely grateful for each and every one of you. All of you have contributed to some of the most memorable years of my life and I wouldn’t trade them for the world. Thank you for being the greatest inspirations that I have ever had.