• Big Hawks! Tomorrow we will being meeting up with your Little Hawks at 9:15 for a QR activity. Please bring your iPads to the gym.

• SkyHawks in the City registration is now open!

• Sign ups for stage crew and other jobs will be at the ITS meeting after school on Monday in Mr. Wright's room, A155.

• Get your free 25th Anniversary T-Shirts During Lunch!

• Angels prayer groups meet again on Thursday morning at 6:45 am in the Campus Ministry office for prayer, friendship, and doughnuts.

• All students interested in Vivace Band or Crew, please stop and see Mr. Storm in the music room by Tuesday, August 22nd.

• Set construction has begun for the fall play! Come to the stage after school at 3:30 and get involved.

• Any young man interested in joining the Guardians is invited to attend an information meeting on Thursday Aug. 17 @ 7am in Mr. Zavaletta's room.

• SkyHawks for Life will be hosting their first Life Nite on Tuesday Aug. 22 @ 7pm in the Student Center.

• Anyone interested in playing some chess, come to D104 Thursday, August 17th

Seniors’ Declassified School Survival Guide

Seniors give their sage advice to help underclassmen get through high school

Several of the wise seniors

Several of the wise seniors

Photo by Hope Stratman

Photo by Hope Stratman

Several of the wise seniors

Hope Stratman, Copy Editor

Doing this whole high school thing right is something of an art form. Our four years at Skutt Catholic may be some of the most varied and fun-packed of our lives – but they’re also, undoubtedly, some of the most stressful. As students adjust to the frenzy of high school, they pick up tricks to get through themselves though and, hopefully, maintain their sanity.

Unfortunately, the students who have acquired the most experience in the field of high school are also the ones who will be leaving Skutt Catholic in nine days; however, they’re leaving some advice behind.
“For your English classes, get the assigned reading down when it’s due. It may not seem like it, but the amount of chapters build quickly until you have to depend on sparknotes and get a lower grade than you deserve.”
-Jessi Wessel

“I think the best advice for me to give, from personal experience, is to get involved with as much stuff as you can handle. Don’t be afraid to live a little and go beyond your comfort zone, because that’s ultimately how the best memories are made.”
-Maggie Elliott

“If you want to get to the lunch line early for that delicious Chinese food, tell your teacher you have to go to the bathroom like two minutes before the bell rings, take your books, and dash.”
-Kelly Friend

“Honestly, my best advice is to try hard to get good grades even freshman and sophomore year when you think it doesn’t matter because when you’re applying for colleges you’re going to wish you had a better GPA for scholarships”
-Jordan Gustafson

“If you really need to print something and you are either scared to go into the media center or just don’t want to, a foolproof plan is to email it to Mrs. Hiyac or Miss French. If those two don’t work, Mrs. Rago is typically pretty nice about needing to print things.

Another piece of advice I would have is to talk to Mr. Bailey in general. He’s actually a super awesome and understanding guy, and if you get on his good side, it will for sure help you when you have iPad issues or when you’re not in uniform.”
-Sarah Devlin

“It helps to start your senior studies project as early as possible.”
-Madison Kanger

“Find a place that you can go after school to work on homework – having a consistent environment for homework is important. Also, always get your hand-ins checked.”
-Isaac Poulin

“Some advice I have would be to always have your lunch money in your pocket when you are going to your class right before lunch. In addition, keep the amount of homework you have in perspective; it usually isn’t as hard as you think it will be, and teachers are always understanding if you need help.”
-Will Hanna

“Take all of your required classes (art, computer) early so that you can have a good senior year. And, as for senior year, don’t kill yourself over AP classes. Take a class you enjoy or one you hadn’t thought much about; you will learn something new and talk to people you never have.”
-Tori Barclay

Hope Stratman - Features Editor

Hope became a member of The Flightline in August 2016. She is a senior this year involved in activities involving Speech and FBLA at Skutt Catholic. Outside of school, she enjoys lists, photography, and naming inanimate objects. You can email her at [email protected]