Vivace Gearing Up for a Great Season

show choir gets ready to dive in to 2017's season

Skutt+Catholic%27s+Vivace+celebrating+their+first+Grand+Championship+award+in+history.+

Vivace Gearing Up for a Great Season

Skutt Catholic's Vivace celebrating their first Grand Championship award in history.

Photo by Chip Riedmann

Photo by Chip Riedmann

Photo by Chip Riedmann

Maria Koliopoulos, Graphics Editor

Familiar for some, and entirely new for others, the season of adrenaline, sweat, and hairspray is upon us.

Skutt Catholic’s show choir, Vivace, kicks off its season on January 21, 2017. Costumes and instruments loaded up, the 60+ member activity will be bused to Dallas Center – Grimes high school.

This high school, located in St. Grimes, Iowa, is the location of the first of six competitions Vivace will be attending.

The 2017 season of show choir has stops in Iowa, Illinois, and even Wisconsin in store for Vivace.

Performing and seeing other groups do the same is always an exhilarating experience.”It’s really exciting and nerve racking,” senior Becky Snowden says. “I feel like I haven’t had enough of it since I’ve only been a part of [Vivace] for two years.”

The group won its first grand champion title in 2016’s season, and Vivace is ready to come out better than ever, the ultimate goal being the group’s satisfaction with their own performance.

Maria Koliopoulos

Maria became a member of The Flightline in January of 2016. She is a senior this year involved in show choir at Skutt Catholic and is probably climbing a tree or drawing outside of school. You can email her at [email protected]