• Big Hawks! Tomorrow we will being meeting up with your Little Hawks at 9:15 for a QR activity. Please bring your iPads to the gym.

• SkyHawks in the City registration is now open!

• Sign ups for stage crew and other jobs will be at the ITS meeting after school on Monday in Mr. Wright's room, A155.

• Get your free 25th Anniversary T-Shirts During Lunch!

• Angels prayer groups meet again on Thursday morning at 6:45 am in the Campus Ministry office for prayer, friendship, and doughnuts.

• All students interested in Vivace Band or Crew, please stop and see Mr. Storm in the music room by Tuesday, August 22nd.

• Set construction has begun for the fall play! Come to the stage after school at 3:30 and get involved.

• Any young man interested in joining the Guardians is invited to attend an information meeting on Thursday Aug. 17 @ 7am in Mr. Zavaletta's room.

• SkyHawks for Life will be hosting their first Life Nite on Tuesday Aug. 22 @ 7pm in the Student Center.

• Anyone interested in playing some chess, come to D104 Thursday, August 17th

Commons Bathrooms Get a Makeover

School bathrooms undergo a long-awaited renovation

Ava Dreessen, Ad Manager/ Copy Editor

After the many requests for better quality paper towel dispensers, and sinks that never seem to get the water warm enough, Skutt Catholic had finally made the decision to completely redo their commons bathrooms, and the response was beholden.

(pc: Ava Dreesen) New stalls shine in Commons Bathroom.

This extreme makeover started as soon as the bells dismissed high schoolers for winter break and recently flicked their motion-sensor lights on for second semester, redefining the term “golden throne”. The new bathrooms, as witnessed from the female side, have been furnished with completely new tiled floor and walls, new sinks, stalls, and hand blowers. “I think it’s awesome,” senior Johnna Lowe commented, “It really made everything feel more up to date and clean.”

Although it showcased all its glitz and glamour to the students, behind the scenes, extensive fundraising took place for this project to be accomplished. Much of the funding was provided by a program called “Omaha Gives!” “Omaha Gives! is a year-round online giving platform organized by the Omaha Community Foundation to grow philanthropy in Douglas, Sarpy, and Pottawattamie counties,” according to their website.

With all the positive responses with these bathrooms, a few minor negative ones stand among them: lack of female product disposal stations, for one, and the hand dryers. Due to the bathrooms’ open architecture into the vast space of the commons, the obnoxious whirr of the paper towel replacement could interfere with performances placed on our stage. “We’ll probably have to set a paper towel roll out with a sign that says ‘In consideration of the performance, please use these,” choir director Chris Storm plans. Although it calls for a small adaptation, there’s little more to upgrade with the new addition.

Hopefully students are blessed enough to witness more bathroom renovations throughout the rest of the school in the coming years. But until then, a little excitement has been added to those rushed breaks during passing periods of which we all participate.