• 5/10 : Spring Choir Concert in the Skutt Catholic Commons @ 7

• 5/4 : Hawk Walk!

Angels Among Us

Highlighting the Angel's Prayer Group

Amanda Baker, Guest Writer

img_0232After 23 years, since Skutt Catholic opened, the school welcomes its very first women’s prayer group as another extracurricular activity offered. This new prayer group, called Angels, is an addition to the school as well as campus ministry.

The Angels women’s prayer group took some time to form, and continues to grow while making a difference in the hearts of young women at Skutt Catholic.

Ms. Christine French, the campus ministry director, has shared that she has been wanting this women’s prayer group since her first week on the job. French, along with many others, wanted this club after seeing the success of the Guardians, the men’s prayer group.

Angels continues to grow in members mainly by word of mouth. There have also been announcements made in the daily Flightline Tv video announcements.

“No matter who you are or where you are at in life, the minute you walk in the door, you’re a part of a wonderful group of young women building each other up,” senior Johnna Lowe said when asked why she would encourage other women to join.

For the future of Angels, there are many things the members hope, and pray for. French hopes to organize a retreat during the school day for the Angels. Another event she hopes to make possible is the idea of a “Guardian Angels” retreat for both Guardians and Angels.

Although these are goals for the club as a whole, the majority of French’s hopes for the members are individual. “I hope that it’s personally and spiritually fulfilling for them and that they are able to encounter God in new and different ways, hear God speaking personally to them, and know God’s love for them,” said French.

It is obvious that Angels has already accomplished this in the current members. Freshman Maddie Kramer said, “I look forward to Thursdays, now because of Angels.”

Angels prayer group is truly making a difference to these young women. They have the ability to experience God’s love more fully. They can feel it in their hearts, and see it at work in the other women. These women get to experience this together every Thursday morning in the campus ministry room. Because of Angels, the women can feel better, and become more confident during the school week.

Ultimately, to make a difference to the young women, they must experience God’s grace individually. The Angels women’s prayer group can make a difference in the hearts, and lives of Skutt Catholic’s young women if they are open to receiving God’s grace.